I learned how to make hats, blankets, dish cloths and pretty much all of those things that you think of granny making.
Fast forward six years and many many sheep, lots of simple crochet projects, wool education and lots and lots of acrylic yarn.
A dear friend and fellow locked at home mom, started a business. A lovely hand crochet high end finished product business. At the same time I fell into a herd of angora rabbits. Heck angora = high end right. Then came the need to make bunny fluff into yarn. Well the mills where all backed up by months and months and we needed the yarn much faster than that.
To fill that need, I bought a spinning wheel. Ya I know I went from granny craft, to great great granny craft. I quickly picked up the art of spinning, thankfully, and we where able to get some bunny fluff yarn done just in time for our local fiber fairs.
Which all of this back story brings us to today! I'm working on the tail end of a project and I'm so over it. I have to have it all done and ready to ship out in one week. So I will be here just spinning.
And that folks is how a simple little craft can turn into a total monster that takes over your entire life and house.
No comments:
Post a Comment