Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Has it really been eight years

 Eight years ago, two moves and three kids ago I met with a group of ladies at the church we went to at the time. Often the older ladies would listen to our struggles of being young mothers and  assure us that these trials where just part of the season we where in. At the time I didn't fully grasp this seasons thing.

 Now that my youngest is just three short months away from starting kindergarten, I get it. Boy do I ever get it! I feel like I'm standing at the top of a roller coaster right before things get crazy. My job for the last eight years has been to take care of the boys and all that stay at home mom stuff. But what do you do with yourself for the 7 hours of a day once your kids are at school?

So I guess I will have some me time, maybe. I have been mentally prepping myself for this and I have come to grips with the fact that I must get rid of my frumpy mom body. So a month ago I started tracking my food and counting calories. Really it's not too bad, I lost a whole five pounds just tracking my food intake. So a week ago I started using my neglected treadmill (fondly called The Dreadmill). I have this nutty goal of learning to run, I'm doing well and getting stronger with more endurance. Major down fall is I have gained three pounds in the last week and it isn't water weight.

So in fear and frustration I will be ready for the next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment